Benefits of opening PM Jan Dhan Account : To help every poor, the Prime Minister has started Jan Dhan Yojana and has opened crores of accounts under it. Here an attempt has been made to connect every poor with the banking system. Under this scheme, government subsidy, pension and other benefits are sent directly to the PM Jan Dhan account on opening the account. The biggest thing is that this account is opened at zero value. PM Jan Dhan Account is very beneficial for the people who are facing financial problems during the Corona pandemic. Like this scheme, Rs 5000 is in the form of overdraft and the account gets opened on zero amount.
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana brought by the Central Government has emerged as a great scheme. With this scheme, you can deposit your savings money, which saves your finances and also gets good interest. Any person can open his account in any nearest bank and deposit the amount in it.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, which was launched by the Government of India in August, 2014 so that people who do not have banking facility can get benefits from it.
Benefits available under PMJDY are as follows:-
Table of Contents
- Those who do not have a bank account can open their own savings account.
- PMJDY account can be opened with zero balance.
- Interest is also received on the amount deposited under PMJDY.
- RuPay Debit Card is also provided under this scheme.
- An accident insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh is also given with the RuPay card given under PMJDY.
Some key rules of PMJDY overdraft
- Savings accounts, which are operated smoothly for at least six months.
- It is necessary to deposit regular amount in PMJDY account.
- One can make at least four withdrawals in a month, ATM withdrawals are also added.
- Under PMJDY, you can open only one account, hence it is linked with Aadhaar.
- Applicant’s age should be between 18 years to 60 years.
- Only Indians can open an account under PMJDY.
To take advantage of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, it is mandatory for you to have an Aadhar card. The account is linked with the Aadhar card, so make sure to get the Aadhar card made. Transactions should be processed from that account for at least 6 months, then only you will be able to get the facility of overdraft under PMJDY.
How to open account in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
If you want to open an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, then open the official website of the bank at pmjdy.gov.in on your browser. From there the PMJDY application form has to be downloaded. Fill the application thoroughly and take all the required documents and submit the application to your nearest bank. Account can be opened under this scheme in all banks. If you do not already have a bank account, then you can avail benefits by opening an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
So far 42 crore bank accounts have been opened under PM Jan Dhan Account :-
This scheme of Prime Minister Narendra Modi is very commendable and many people have opened accounts under it. You can open accounts for yourself and other family members also. This is a very promising and profitable scheme. Joint account can also be opened under PM Jan Dhan Yojana. So far a total of 42 crore people have opened accounts under this scheme. If you have not yet opened an account under PM Jan Dhan Yojana, then open the account as soon as possible and take advantage of this facility.